Tuesday, 19 April 2016

Nobody But Me...



Your whoring women 

With their whorish ways 

Filling your nights and killing my days

Gambling our money and scrambling my brain.

Nobody suffers but me.



Your drinking binges

With your pissed up mates

All that's left of me and you are scratches on old plates

Your promises are empty and your sorrys are too late

Nobody suffers but me



Your constant lying

Bailiffs banging on the door

Your unconcerned compliance as they take a little more

Anyone can see there's nothing left worth fighting for

Nobody suffers but me



Your dirty deals

And your dirtier doings

You shouldn't have done what you've been doing

But you did and now we're ruined

Nobody suffers but me



Your pathetic pleas

And your angry shouts

Are falling on deaf ears 'cos love's over and it's out

A better life awaits me so I'm off to check it out

And nobody will suffer but you!



Poem only © Copyright Lynn Gerrard 

8 comments:

  1. I like it but I don't know why ??? Hate to be puzzled in the morning. Who the hell cares. Good morning Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I know what you mean, Markus. May you and your morning eyes have a wonderful day :) x

      Delete
  2. Powerful poetry, Lynn. I wonder how many will read this and nod, knowingly. You literary hammer has hit a few nails on their heads here! what insight! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...and yes, I wonder how many will nod too...xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Lynn, that last comment was me, Vallypee! For some odd reason, Google decided not to know me when I posted it and try as I might, I couldn't send another comment to let you know. Well, now I can, so just to say I'm not trying to be mysterious or anonymous! And sorry for the typos too..while I'm at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! aww thanks Val! xx....Actually, an air of mystery suits a beautiful woman and lovely soul...such as yourself...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww. HUGS!! Lovely you...through and through xxx

      Delete
    2. Hug lovingly received and reciprocated... :) xx

      Delete