Friday, 6 January 2017

The "tut-tut" Brigade....



The older I get

The more I regret

Leaving words unsaid

Caring for feelings

Is most unappealing

The closer I creep towards death

And I truly resent

My reluctance to vent

Just in case I should dare to offend

The delicate senses

Of pedants whose lenses

Are priggishly poised to condemn

I'm also most vexed

With 'politically correct'

When it's usage is overly played

We'll soon be too scared

To utter a word

For fear of the "tut-tut" brigade

If only such focus

Was placed with more onus

On values we used to uphold

Like respect for the other

Regard for another

Society might not be as cold

So, the next time you meet me

Or text me or tweet me

Be aware that whatever I say

Will be spoken with truth

Not malign nor aloof

But no doubt in an 'inappropriate' way.




Poem only © Copyright Lynn Gerrard

6 comments:

  1. Why I love your writing, no mincing words, you know how to cut and carve right to the heart or tongues Lol :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh thank you, Zully! It's great to be 'got' and I'm also always grateful for your unceasing support xx

      Delete
  2. Oh that is rather Grand Lynn :)

    Emlyn

    ReplyDelete